My Letter to Obama
My Letter to Obama
by John Doraemi
(New Book to publish hundreds of letters to "president" Obama)
I did not vote for you, or for McCain. I do not trust you, the Democratic Party nor the Republican Party. These institutions have long records of immoral behavior, war crimes and corruption that could shame the Caesars.
That said, you now have the chance to "change" things, as your hollow slogan did imply during the election fanfare.
So change this:
1) A global network of military bases in other people's countries must be closed down (more than 760 bases). No American would tolerate foreign troops running bases here in the USA. Why is this double standard acceptable to Washington DC?
2) Illegal wars of aggression must cease immediately. Failure to do so means that you, President Obama, become a war criminal too, the same as Bush, the same as Saddam, the same as many a despot who came before.
3) Restore the rule of law, and prosecute all government misconduct -- including that of the Central Intelligence Agency and any other "black" agency operating outside of the law. Massive narco-trafficking is ongoing and rampant, and no one is even attempting to stop it.
4) Fully disclose the facts of the 9/11 attacks, including the role of the "foreign governments" which provided assistance and financing to alleged hijackers. Prosecute the former administration for the cover up of this reality and for "treason" in giving "aid and comfort" to the facilitators of the 9/11 attacks on America.
5) Fully disclose other treasonous US govermnent activity, including: Oklahoma City bombing, 1993 World Trade Center attacks, Iran/Contra, BCCI, the global illicit drug trade, covert support for terrorist networks, the assassinations of JFK, RFK, and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, among others.
6) Purge the government of lunatics, foreign assets, spies, and anyone who places the interests of a foreign power above the interests of the People of the United States.
7) Reform the election system completely, guaranteeing every American the right and opportunity to vote, and securing the counting of votes in a transparent, open-sourced publicly controlled system of the highest integrity.
8) Reform the campaign finance system so that the biggest money-raiser does not buy the election. Use public funds to finance third parties and mandate substantial free prime time public airwaves to political candidates and parties during the election periods.
9) Create a permanent independent prosecutor to monitor executive branch felonies and violations of the Constitution with subpoena power, and the mission to enforce the laws of the land without regard to the individuals occupying the offices.
10) Create a public health system that operates more efficiently and effectively than the current dismal failure. If a tiny island nation like Cuba can educate enough doctors to export them to numerous other nations, then certainly the United States can do similarly. The problem is there is no priority to do so. Health care should be a right, not a privilege, as should some minimal access to food, clothing and shelter. A basic minimum floor for our citizens should be acknowledged as a hallmark of a civilization that is worthy of the name.
Mr. Obama, much has been made about the label of "Muslim" or "Christian," even when describing you as a candidate. As a self-identified "Christian" you should be well acquainted with the following passage:
(Matthew 5:43) "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' (44) But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, (45) that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. "
And similarly, this passage:
(Luke 6:27) "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, (28) bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (29) "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. (30) "Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. (31) "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you."
America has never behaved this way, despite the empty rhetoric from the right wing about a "Christian nation." Our nation's blood stained history is one of an aggressor, involved in numerous conflicts in all corners of the world. Our taxes have gone to illegal wars of aggression (Crimes Against the Peace), to the undermining and overthrowing of legitimate, duly elected leaders of other lands (violations of the UN Charter), to outright terrorism and the sponsoring of "death squads," giving arms and money to "dictators" and numerous other shameful practices, which they call "statecraft."
Will America ever behave in a moral fashion in the future?
Are the "Christians" of America capable of understanding the words of Jesus?
Let's start with the office of the President, Mr. Obama, and clarify matters of morality and the rule of law, matters of right and wrong.